No. 74, Zhongzheng Road, Pingtung City, Pingtung County
The location of the Pingtung Art Museum used to be where the Pingtung City Government was (1953-2005). The City Government used the building since the construction was completed in October, 1953 until it moved to the new site in July 2005. The old site was officially retired. The Pintung County Government made an agreement with the Pingtung City Government in August, 2006. The Pingtung City Government agreed to lend the building to the County Government and that the whole building would be maintained and changed to a museum. With the funding of the Ministry of Culture (former Council for Cultural Affairs), the government renovated the building to bring new meaning to it. The lending agreement ended on January 16, 2012, and the Pingtung Art Museum was returned to the Pingtung City Government for operation. The Museum is a county-administered city museum and has the lowest administrative level, smallest organization structure, and least operating expenses among other museums in Taiwan. Back in the arms of the City Government, the Pingtung Art Museum opened on January 12, 2013 officially. So far, it has held a variety of exhibitions and organizes workshops, Aesthetic Education, happy artistic train events, book clubs, weekend concerts, and other educational activities. The Pingtung Art Museum is now a site for the promotion of art and cultural events in Pintung.