No.41, Nanhai Rd., Zhongzheng Dist., Taipei City 100
The building emulating the Hall of Prayer for Good Harvests at the Temple of Heaven of Beijing was designed by LU Yuh-Chun, the architect based in France, and completed in 1959. It is symbolic of highlighting Chinese regime legitimacy and promoting modernization of education and was first used by National Institute of Educational Resources and Research and the Science Hall. The building became Taipei City’s heritage-listed building after the Science Hall moved out in 2003. In 2008, it was officially handed over to National Taiwan Craft Research and Development Institute (NTCRI) and launched a restoration project. Due to the revitalization and reuse work, this historic building has taken on a new identity as “Taipei Branch, NTCRI” with a gorgeous fresh look and become a more approachable and pleasant public domain for art.